Foothills League Championship
The Schuylerville High School Girls Indoor Track team won the Foothills League Championship at Union College on Jan. 22. Every athlete scored either individually and/or in a relay. The team won 8 of the 16 events contested! In addition, several athletes broke Schuylerville school records throughout the season in various events.
“The team has put in a tremendous amount of work this season, often training in difficult weather conditions,” said Assistant Coach Justin Vianese. “They have approached every challenge with a positive attitude. Their efforts have enabled them to realize their goals, whether a personal record, school record, or team championship. It’s great to see the athletes believe in themselves and know their hard work has paid off.”
- 45m – Meaghan Lynch
- 600m – Alayna Wian
- 1500m – Keira Rogan
- 3000m – Keira Rogan
- Long Jump – Ryan Stark
- Pole Vault – Ryan Stark
- Triple Jump – Ryan Stark
- 4x400m – Keira Rogan, Nikki Stark, Riley VanCott, Megan Vianese
- 45m – Sam Dwyer
- Holds the new school record for the 3000m with a finishing time of 10:28:66. Rogan beat the previous record by 26 seconds during the Dec. 10 Tri County Indoor Track League Meet at Union College
- Holds the new school record for the 1500m with a finishing time of 4:50:83. Rogan beat the previous record by 15 seconds from 2008.
- Holds the new school record for the 50m hurdles with a time of 8.70. Stark broke the old record of 9.14 from 2016.
- Holds the new school record for the 200m hurdles with a time of 30.24. Stark broke the previous record by more than 9 seconds at the Jan. 8 Ed Cepiel Invitational in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Holds the new school record for the indoor triple jump with a jump of 34’ 1” eclipsing the old record of 34’ 1/2”. Stark beat the previous record at the Armory High School Holiday Classic in NYC on Dec. 29.
- Holds the new 45m record with a time of 6.53 seconds. Lynch beat the previous record of 6.54 seconds at the Foothills League Championship at Union College on Jan. 22