Schuylerville High School hosted the 2023 Eastern Region FFA Sub-States on March 18, with more than 40 Schuylerville students competing against 300 students from 32 FFA Chapters. Schuylerville students had an impressive showing, with multiple top place winners. Those who placed in the top two will advance to compete at the NYS FFA Convention in Buffalo on May 18-20.
- 1st Place Conduct of Chapter Meetings: Kiara Seymour, Shane Barraclough, Peyton DeLisle, Anna Schwerd, Ella Eichorst, Tim Cox and McKenna DeLessio
- 1st Place Agricultural Issues: Alex Frydel, Austin Prouty, Jack Harshberger, Madisyn Awilow, Ryan Pantano, Sophia Wahl and Sophie Bodnar
- 1st Place Junior Creed Speaking: Jack Sydor
- 1st Place Senior Creed Speaking: Brooke Schwerd
- 2nd Place Senior Prepared Speaking: Taylor Barraclough
- 2nd Place Senior People in Agriculture: Hannah King
- 3rd Place Senior People in Agriculture: Pilar Gamage
- 4th Place Senior Extemporaneous Speaking: Bailee Seymour
- 4th Place Employment Skills: Taylor Barraclough
Congratulations to the additional Schuylerville High School competitors who were named regional finalists:
- Shane Barraclough: Junior Creed
- Keegan Long: Senior People in Ag.
- Caitlyn VanDeusen: Employment Skills & Senior Prepared
- Alexa Rust & Hayden Peck: Junior People in Ag.
- Avery & McKenzie Gemmett, Sadie Dennis: Junior Prepared
- Juliana Schultze, Hannah King, Connor Battle, Emma Leavens, Sidney Jacobs, Fiona Longacker, and Daisy Mehan: Parliamentary Procedure