Dear Grades 10-12 families,
I hope you are enjoying a nice summer! It’s hard to believe that we are already halfway through the month of July! We are excited to release student schedules for the 2023-24 school year today, July 14. Our school counselors have been working extensively to ensure that schedules meet the interests and academic needs of our students, creating the best options for future planning.
- If students are interested in adding courses to their schedule or making a schedule change, please email your school counselor.
- To meet the demands of balancing class sizes, please understand that schedule changes to request a preferred teacher and/or move a scheduled lunch period will not be entertained.
- Students are to be scheduled for at least 6 credits to stay on track for graduation. The Schuylerville Central School District requirement is 24 credits for graduation.
- You may notice open periods throughout your initial schedule. In the coming weeks, study halls will be placed in these open periods. Any changes to your schedule can be viewed online.
- If you have any questions about your student’s schedule, please reach out to their school counselor.
College Boot Camp Series
Seniors are able to get a jump start on their college application process by attending the College Boot Camp Program on August 24 and/or August 30 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. School counselors will be discussing the college search process, how to complete a college application, essay writing, financial aid, and scholarships! Please reach out to your student’s school counselor with any questions.
AP courses allow students to take college level course work while in high school. Students enrolled in an AP course will be required to take the AP Exam associated with their class in May and pay for the AP Exam. AP Exams costs have not been released by CollegeBoard at this time. Payment information will be sent out once exam costs are released. Students enrolled in AP and college level courses should reach out to their teachers about Summer JumpStart days to get ahead.
Student supplies vary by teacher and grade level. A comprehensive list by teacher is available on the school district website. For the 2023-24 school year, we will continue to allow students to utilize a bookbag/backpack to carry their supplies during the school day. We prefer that students have a clear bookbag/backpack but will allow students to use a traditional bookbag/backpack.
Free sports physicals will be offered in the High School nurse’s office on August 14 and August 15. Please have your athlete reach out to Mrs. Lyon in Student Services for an appointment.
BOCES Departure/Arrival Times
The BOCES bus departs the high school for the morning session at 7:50 a.m. The bus will return to the high school at 10:55 a.m. and pick up the students for the afternoon session, departing at 11:30 a.m. The bus will return to the high school at 2:20 p.m.
The following forms will be included with students’ schedules in a summer mailing. Please complete and return the forms to the appropriate office by September 15, 2023. This information will help us promote the health and safety of your students during the coming school year. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to them.
- Student Information Form (Main Office)
- Health Office Information Sheets/Caring and Sharing Form (Health Office)
- Military/Higher ED Opt-Out Form – Juniors and Seniors (Student Services)
- Diploma Form – Seniors only (Main Office)
In preparation for the increased level of activity that accompanies the start of the school year, I encourage parents to mark their calendars for high school student picture days on Sept. 12 and Sept. 13, as well as the High School Open House on Wednesday, Sept.27.
If you have any questions, please contact the High School Main Office at 518-695-3255 ext. 2232. Have a wonderful rest of July and August!
High School Principal