Pesticide products are applied periodically throughout the school year at Schuylerville CSD, requiring advance notice to the public and 24-hour closures of the treated areas, pursuant to State Education Law Section 409-H. The next application will be Saturday, September 16 at the middle school football practice field, the softball field, and the baseball/soccer field. Those fields will be closed for 24 hours and reopen on Sunday, September 17. The rain date for the application will be Sunday, September 17 with a 24-hour closure through Monday, September, 18.
Products to be used:
- Battleship 3 Select Herbicide
- Roundup Quick Pro SC Total Herbicide
Pesticide registration numbers:
- Batttleship: 228-453
- Roundup: 432-1532
As a general reminder, the following pesticide applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
- When a school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72-hours following an application;
- Anti-microbial products;
- Nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
- Nonvolatile insecticidal baits in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
- Silica gels and other nonvolatile ready-to-use pastes, foams, or gels in areas inaccessible to children;
- Boric acid and disodium octa borate tetrahydrate;
- The application of EPA designated biopesticides;
- The application of EPA designated exempt materials under 40CFR152.25;
- The use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps, and hornets.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Schuylerville Central District pesticide representative/Director of Facilities, Paul Irish (email@example.com) or 518-695-3255, ext. 3270.