On Nov. 23, Adirondack Environmental Services, Inc. received 13 water samples from Schuylerville Elementary School for lead testing and analysis. The State Department of Health and State Education Department have established an action level threshold of 15 parts per billion (ppb). Water sources that test higher must be immediately taken out of service and corrective action must be taken. Water sources deemed over 15 ppb may not be used for cooking or drinking until remediated.
The district is happy to report that all levels tested in the elementary school were below 15 ppb. The testing sites and findings are listed below:
- Elementary Room 8 Sink- 1.4
- Elementary Room 8 Fountain- 1.6
- Elementary Art Sink 1- Not detectable
- Elementary Art Sink 2- Not detectable
- Elementary Art Sink 3- Not detectable
- Elementary Art Sink 4-1.1
- Elementary Room 49 sink-2.4
- Elementary Room 49 fountain-2.3
- Elementary Room 19 sink-2.2
- Elementary Room 19 Fountain-1.9
- Elementary Boys locker room Fountain-Not detectable
- Elementary Girl’s Locker room Fountain- Not detectable
- Elementary Health office Bathroom Sink- Not detectable
To ensure safety and wellness, the district will continue to periodically perform water tests to ensure the quality of drinking water for our students, staff and visitors.
Click here for the full report from Adirondack Environmental Services, Inc.
If you have any questions, please reach out.