This spring, the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) was signed into law, allocating funds for Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER). The ESSER funds must be used to address the impact that COVID-19 has had, and continues to have, on elementary and secondary schools across the nation. Schuylerville CSD has received one-time funding that can be used through September 30, 2024.
- District administrators met to specify areas of focus for the funding allocation.
- According to federal guidelines, at least 20 percent of the funds need to be spent on closing the gaps created by loss of learning during COVID-19.
- Public input: the district sent a survey to all Schuylerville CSD families May 26-June 2.
- The survey received 300 responses and provided helpful feedback for the district to formulate its ESSER plan.
- The district will hold a virtual community forum Monday, June 7 at 5:30 p.m. to present an outline of its ESSER plan and how it will impact students.
- Click here to join the community forum. Questions will be taken at the end of the presentation.
- The plan must be submitted to the NYS Education Department by June 15.