Dear Schuylerville Elementary families,
We are very excited to welcome students for the 2023-24 school year! As you prepare for the transition back to school, please review our arrival and dismissal procedures. The health and safety of all students remains our number one priority each day. In an effort to support a safe and efficient arrival and dismissal process each day, we have outlined our procedures below. Please note: we are not allowing daily dismissal changes outside of emergency situations.
- Students enrolled in the School’s Out Program (before-school program) can be dropped off between 7:00-8:30 a.m. through the elementary school main entrance. Students must be signed in each morning.
- Students will be dismissed from the program at 9:00 a.m.
- Walkers should prepare to arrive at school at 9:00 a.m. each morning.
- Parent drop off is between 8:55-9:00 a.m. each morning.
- Parents are to follow the traffic patterns and stop at the elementary school crosswalk to drop off your child(ren).
- Students will safely cross the busport using the crosswalk
- Parent vehicles are not permitted to drive through the busport.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building without a prearranged meeting.
- Students arriving to school via bus transportation will exit their bus at 8:55 a.m. to enter the building.
- Students arriving as walkers, parent drop off, and bus transportation will enter the building using one of two doors:
- Students in grades K-2 will enter the building each morning through the elementary school main entrance.
- Students in grades 3-5 will enter the building each morning through the student service entrance.
- Walkers will be dismissed from classrooms at 3:00 p.m. Students will exit the building through the elementary school main entrance to their off campus location. Parents/guardians meeting their child must do so off campus to avoid unnecessary traffic on campus. Kindergarten students are not permitted to be dismissed as walkers for safety reasons.
- Pick up students will be dismissed to the elementary gym at 3:00 p.m. Pick up will take place from 3:05-3:20 p.m.
- All students can be picked up through the gym doors located between the student services doors and middle school main entrance.
- Adults picking up a student must be approved on the pick up list, show photo identification, and sign their child(ren) out. We appreciate your patience and understanding with our safety protocols.
- Students riding bus transportation home will be dismissed as their bus arrives out the elementary school main entrance. This process will take place between 3:00-3:20 p.m.
- Students attending the School’s Out Program (after school program) will be dismissed to the elementary cafeteria at 3:15 p.m.
- Approved adults picking up a child from the School’s Out Program must show photo identification and sign the child out.
We wish you and your family a great first day of school!
Elementary School Principal