Attention 10th grade students and parents: The SUNY Adirondack Early College Career Academy is holding an Information Session for 10th grade students and parents at their Wilton campus in Gansevoort (696 Route 9, Gansevoort, NY) on Monday, Jan. 9 at 6:00pm in Lecture Hall Room 107. Thanks to a partnership with SUNY Adirondack and WSWHE BOCES, students can attend ½ day programs on the Wilton Campus starting in their Junior year and begin to earn college credits in one of the following concentrations:
- Electrical Technology/Advanced Manufacturing
- Information Technology/Computer Networking
- New Media • Business and Entrepreneurship
The SUNY Adirondack Early College Career Academy is designed to:
- Link academic coursework with careers.
- Develop career pathways from high school to jobs in in-demand industries.
- Increase exposure to math and science through areas of student interest.
- Connect high school academics to the higher expectations of college academics.
- Challenge students to be college and career ready.
- Assist students who may not otherwise attend college in obtaining college credits.
Students in the programs are exposed to the latest technologies used in these industries, earn industry recognized certifications, and participate in work-based learning activities that include job shadowing, being mentored by an industry expert and real-world industry challenge projects. In addition to acquiring job skills and industry knowledge, students also earn college credits toward an Associate Degree in Applied Science, an Associate Degree in Science, or a SUNY Adirondack Certificate.
For additional information, check out their website at: http://www.wswheboces.org/programs.cfm?subpage=654