Principal Rose Beckett shares a message with Schuylerville Elementary School students about how to participate in the Summer 2022 Reading & Math Challenge.
The challenge is simple and fun: stay active with reading and math during the summer and be rewarded in September! Students will receive a “tracker” worksheet with their end-of-year-report cards, with spots to color for every 15 minutes of reading and math practice. Click here for a copy of the tracker to download.
“We know that students who participate in reading and math practice over the summer show greater success in September,” said Principal Beckett.
Halfway through the tracker is a popsicle icon, marking the halfway point of the challenge. If students reach the popsicle by August 2, they will be invited to the elementary school playground to join Mrs. Beckett for a summer popsicle party.
In September, every student who turns in a completed tracker will earn a prize. If the goal of 100 participants is reached, every student will have their name entered into a grand prize drawing.
“We have a lot to support the students who will earn special rewards for working so hard over the summer!” said Principal Beckett.
Summer Enrichment Resources
Sora: eBooks and Audiobooks
- Download the Sora app or go to Soraapp.com for free eBooks and audiobooks. Log in using your school email account and password. Click here for instructions.
- Check out different websites that are available through the school library including BarinPop, PebbleGo, World Book Kids and TumbleBooks. E-mail Mrs. Weeks for the passcode.
Schuylerville Public Library: Read All Summer Long!
- Reading Challenge: Summer Reading Challenge Informational Brochure
- Summer Reading Website: https://schuylervillelibrary.sals.edu/index.php/summer-schuylerville-library/
- Log in to your child’s Clever account using their school email and password at Clever.com or by using the Clever app.
- First In Math