Schuylerville High School students got to explore global cuisine in the cafeteria as part of Foreign Language Week, which ran from March 11-15. The French and Spanish clubs teamed up with Food Service Manager Sarah Keen once again, to help plan an exciting menu from a different part of the world each day. Students sampled Asian, Mediterranean, French and Irish food throughout the week. See below for the daily menu offerings.
- Asian: General Tso’s or teriyaki chicken with jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables and fortune cookie
- Italian: Pasta bar with choice of meat and homemade sauces, fresh baked bread
- Mediterranean: Greek salad or shaved beef gyro with Tuscan lentil soup & marinated chickpeas
- French: Croque-Monsieur (toasted ham & cheese) or cheese plate with au gratin potatoes, French onion soup, & dessert crepe
- Irish: Reuben on rye bread, Shepard’s pie with homemade Irish soda bread, or fish & chips