Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions.
With strong social and emotional skills, our students will be able to set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
The Schuylerville Central School District wants to promote SEL for both students and parents. Visit the resources below to learn more.
- PREVENTION COUNCIL
- SARATOGA CENTER FOR THE FAMILY
- SERVICES PAMPHLET
- COUNSELING REFERRAL FORM
- CENTER ON ADDICTION
Additional resources for families
- Social Emotional Learning: Essential for Learning, Essential for Life, Essential for New York
- New York State Social Emotional Benchmarks
- Social Emotional Learning: Essential for Learning, Essential for Life
- The Children’s Plan: Improving the Social and Emotional Well Being of New York’s Children and Their Families
- Core Social Emotional Learning Competencies
- Why Social Emotional Learning is Suddenly in the Spotlight
- Social Emotional Learning: Why It Matters and How to Foster It
- 5 Guiding Principles of Social Emotional Learning
- Let’s Talk Social Emotional Learning: Parents This Is for You!