Schuylerville Central School District buildings and grounds staff attended the 65th annual operations and maintenance conference at South Glens Falls High School on Tuesday, April 26.
The event featured keynote speaker Dr. Robert J. Reidy, executive director of the Council of School Superintendents. Dr. Reidy spoke about the importance of maintenance security and technology in school districts and his view of school district facilities from the vantage point of a superintendent. Carl Thurnau, from the state education facilities planning division, also spoke at the event. He spoke about pertinent issues that affect facilities and facilities personnel in schools today.
The event included several instructional programs that Schuylerville staff attended, including:
- School security and violence prevention
- The ABC’s of fire extinguishers
- Easy floor cleaning
- Door hardware to keep your facility secure
- Basic hydronic heating principles by Bell & Gossett Reflections
- Gym floor care
- Uses and applications of field marking paint
- Safety is no accident
- LED lightning and energy conservation