Eight Schuylerville High School varsity athletes have been named to the first and second teams of the Times Union All-Stars. The information below has been provided by the Times Union.
- Amy Moreau, senior: UMass (Amherst) signee was often capable of putting up five or more goals in a game; had 94 goals and 42 assists this spring.
- Caitlin Kelleher, senior catcher: Named to the Foothills Council first team and as one of the league’s four Section II all-stars, Kelleher delivered a .523 average, 11 doubles, four home runs, 31 RBIs and committed no errors to lead the Black Horses to the Section II Class B final. She also garnered a Class B all-state selection as a second-team choice.
- Emily Vallee, senior outfielder: An exceptional all-around athlete, who also starred for the soccer, girls’ basketball (1,000-point scorer) and track teams, Vallee earned her second straight Foothills Council first-team softball nod after batting .385 with five doubles, four triples, 29 RBIs and 30 runs scored. Schuylerville advanced to the Section II Class B final.
- Teagan Andrews, sophomore pitcher: Finished with a 17-3 record, 0.72 earned-run average and 214 strikeouts over 135 innings. Named as a Foothills Council first-team selection and also named one of the league’s four Section II all-stars, Andrews batted .313 with two home runs and 22 RBIs to help the Black Horses reach the Class B sectional final.
- Chrissy Putnam, senior third baseman
- Carson Dunkel, senior catcher: Also a first team selection in 2017, Dunkel will play his college baseball at Division I Siena College. The two-time Foothills Council first team selection batted .443 with seven doubles, five triples, six stolen bases, 19 runs scored and 20 RBIs.
- Stratton Sherman, junior pitcher: A Foothills Council first team all-star, Sherman pitched in eight games — going 5-0 with a 0.37 ERA over 36 innings. The junior allowed just 16 hits and two earned runs to pace the Black Horses’ staff.
- Jared Gregorek, senior outfielder