The Schuylerville CSD Athletics winter 2021 return to play protocols were approved by the Board of Education on Feb. 1. Click here for the plan.
Schuylerville CSD winter sports additions
- Boys and Girls JV/Varsity Basketball
The Schuylerville CSD Athletic Department will regretfully be canceling the 2021 wrestling season. Student-athletes who have signed up for wrestling can switch to a different sport by emailing Coach Bowen at email@example.com. The district fully intends to continue its merger with Greenwich for the 2021-22 wrestling season.
Community COVID-19 metrics
The following metrics must be met in order for winter sports to be reinstated:
- The county’s 7-day rolling average percent positivity, as calculated by NYSDOH, must be at or below 4.0%.
- If the 7- day rolling average percent positivity is above 4.0%, then activities must be restricted to individual or distanced group training or organized no/low-contact group training.
- The region’s hospital capacity (percent of hospital beds available) must be above 15%, as calculated by NYSDOH.
- The region’s rate of hospital admissions must not be unacceptably high or require additional interventions to control the rate of growth, as determined by NYSDOH.
- The absence of other emerging epidemiological data, information or factors as determined or identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) or Saratoga County Public Health Services (SCPHS) that impact COVID-19 control or mitigation.