Dear Schuylerville Middle School parents/guardians,
We are very pleased with the ability for our doors to remain open for our in-person learners, as well as have the ability to support our remote learners. The role of our community is critical as we move forward through the next few months and has been instrumental in allowing us to remain safe and open.
In order to maintain up to date information, please fill out the following survey in regard to your plans for the remainder of the school year: Middle School Learning Model Selection Survey. Please fill out the survey by Friday, Jan. 22. The information received will help us know who to expect in school, help us better support students, and to contact trace in the event of a positive case of COVID-19. Please know we understand that family situations can change; we will continue to be flexible and responsive. This has been our goal from the beginning in an effort to help support our families and students through these times.
In addition, we want to remind families of some important items to support your child(ren) each day to be prepared for school:
- Please have your child(ren) come dressed for the weather each day (i.e. jacket, hat, gloves etc). We will continue to make use of outdoor opportunities as much as possible for physical education. As long as the real-feel temperature is at or above 20 degrees Fahrenheit, students will be going outdoors.
- Keep your child home if they are not well, even if it is a minor symptom(s). When making decisions about sending your child to school, always act out of an abundance of caution.
- The Weekly Agenda for each teacher is located on the middle school webpage under “links” and is updated every week. This identifies what students are doing, and provides links/copies of important resources.
- Student attendance in school during the hybrid model is an important component of student success. Each day matters!
- Remote students are expected to login to all their classes (except, PE, lunch and study hall) and be actively engaged. We recommend students have their cameras on and expect them to respond when the teacher calls on them.
- It is the parents’/guardians’ responsibility to report any absence, tardiness or early dismissal by notifying the attendance office in the morning and the reason for such. Please contact the attendance office at 695-3255 ext. 1405.
- If your child is going to miss classes due to an appointment while they are remote learning, please contact the attendance office to let them know.
I can’t thank you enough for your ongoing support and communication. We are certainly in unprecedented times, but our ability to work together has been simply outstanding and I am so incredibly grateful for this. We will continue to show one another grace and flexibility!