Dear Grades K-5 families,
We will be having virtual parent-teacher conferences via Google Meet on Friday, Nov. 20 and Friday, Dec. 4. Students in grades K-5 will not have in-person instruction, but rather will be provided with at-home learning for the day.
In-person learners, as well as virtual learners, will receive online work to complete on both Nov. 20 and Dec. 4. There will not be live instruction on these days. The at-home learning activities will be skill building or review activities. Completion of assignments on each day is necessary in order to count students’ attendance for both days. If your child does not complete the assignments, then your child will be marked “absent”. If you foresee difficulty in completing online learning please reach out to your child’s teacher. We want to help your child be successful when working in an at-home/remote environment.
On Friday, Nov. 13 you will receive your child’s school report card. Please take some time to review it and, if appropriate, spend some time talking to your child about it. Reviewing the report card and your child’s work is a great way to prepare for parent-teacher conferences.
To prepare for your conference, talk to your child and find out what they think are his/her best subjects, and what subjects he/she likes the least. Then ask them to explain why they feel that way. You can also ask your child if there is anything that he/she would like you to talk to his/her teacher about. You may also want to write down some notes about your child and have a list of questions about your child’s progress. Each family will be restricted to just the scheduled number of minutes to meet with their child’s teacher.
Parent-teacher conference scheduling will be available online Wednesday, Nov. 4 through Friday, Nov. 13. Parents/guardians will have the opportunity to access available dates and times in order to schedule a convenient conference time. Please be sure to take advantage of this opportunity; the appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis. A confirmation email will be sent to you after you have successfully set up your appointment(s). Please feel free to call the elementary school main office with any questions or concerns at 518-695-3255, ext. 1224.
- Beginning Nov. 4, visit the school’s homepage www.schuylervilleschools.org and select the ‘Elementary School’ link of the district home page. Under ‘Elementary School Links’ on the left side of the page in the blue box, click on ‘Parent-Teacher Conference Scheduler’.
- From the ‘Online Scheduler Home Page’ choose ‘Schuylerville Elementary School’ from the dropdown list and click ‘GO’.
- Enter the school password: horses
- Click on the ‘LOOK UP STUDENT ID’ button.
- Enter in your child’s first name, last name and birth date
- The two parent-teacher conference dates with times are listed. Check the box to allow you to see available times.
- If you have more than one child at the elementary school, you can see all schedules at one time by answering YES to the question ‘Do you want to schedule conferences for another student?’ If you only have one child at the elementary school, answer ‘NO’ to that question.
- Repeat the steps above for your other child(ren).
- Select the time(s) that work best for your schedule.
- Enter your email address (recommended) if you would like an email reminder sent to you (your email address will be kept private).
- Once you have finished, you can confirm your appointment details and print your conference schedule.
- Write down the Confirmation Number (you will need this number to cancel your appointment(s)).
- If your child works with special education teachers, speech, OT/PT, ENL, school counselor, and/or the school psychologist, they will sit in on your regularly scheduled conference. You do not need to schedule a separate conference with them. However, if you do wish to have a separate conference, please contact the main office at 518-695-3255, ext. 1224 and we will be happy to set that up for you.
Please feel free to contact Jenn Tompkins with any questions or concerns at 518-695-3255, ext. 1224 or via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for your involvement in your child(ren)’s school program. We are looking forward to working with you and sharing your child(ren)’s progress in school.