Dear Schuylerville families,
After an administrative review of the music department scheduling and personnel, the district will be adding a full-time music teacher to its staff, better enabling us to support our music program K-12. This new hire, combined with the return of several aspects of music education that have been absent during the COVID-19 pandemic, will have a positive effect within all three school buildings. Below are changes in the music department’s programming for the 2021-22 school year:
- Traditional lessons in Chorus, Band, and Jazz Band (augmented because of COVID-19)
- HS Chorus and Symphonic Band (augmented because of COVID-19)
- Piano Lab
- Include Music Theory and Recording Studio in course offerings
- Increase the number of band and chorus lessons as a result of no teachers traveling to the middle school
- Add a Middle School Jazz Band as a class instead of an after-school co-curricular club
- Traditional band lessons (augmented because of COVID-19)
- Traditional lessons in band (augmented because of COVID-19)
- Increase the general music offerings at the elementary school
In addition, the district is pleased to announce the High School Drama Club will return for the 2021-22 school year, with a production the last weekend of October 2021, directed by Jodi Ogburn.
We thank our students, families and staff for their continued support and patience during the pause that COVID-19 placed on the arts programs and offerings for Schuylerville CSD. The district’s goal is to increase the access and exposure to music in the lives of all our students, a priority that will be maintained as we look ahead to the next school year.
Dr. Ryan Sherman
High School Principal
Middle School Principal