Schuylerville High School students in Jack Burger’s sports marketing class helped raise more than $900 to help support eighth-grader Daniel MacMillan and his family through a fundraiser on Friday, May 31. MacMillan was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma two years ago and since then has endured chemotherapy, radiation and countless surgeries. As part of “Jump’in for a Cause,” students challenged their classmates and teachers to a contest to see who had the highest vertical jump. Students created posters, sold t-shirts and collected donations from area businesses.
Students would like to thank the following businesses for their generous contributions to their event: Revolution Café, Pizza & Pasta, Zark’s Angels, Engineered Solutions, Saratoga National Golf, Saratoga Tackle & Archery, and Dr. James Condry.
The divisional winners are listed below.
- 9/10th Grade Girls: Rylie Goldup 17.6
- 9/10th Grade Boys: Jack Dwyer 32.3
- 11/12th Grade Girls: Brooke Thomas 21.6
- 11/12th Grade Boys: Kyle Burnham 36.8 (Overall Winner)
- Faculty/Staff (female) Mrs. Johnson 17.1
- Faculty/staff (male) Mr. Ducharme 25.2