The district has learned of two remote learning students who tested positive for COVID-19:
- One Schuylerville High School student
- One Schuylerville Middle School student
Since the students have not had any recent school exposure, there will be no resulting student or staff quarantines per the Department of Health.
Please note that the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy laws restrict us from disclosing or confirming any personally identifiable information. We cannot identify anyone who has tested positive.
Following the most recent guidance from the Department of Health, we will no longer be providing multiple mask breaks within the classroom beginning Tuesday, Jan. 5. We believe that this is the best decision in an effort to respond to the rising infection rate locally and within our county.
- Student mask breaks will only be allowed during snack (alternating rows), lunch, outdoor PE, and outdoor recess
- Student mask breaks will occur during lunch and outdoor PE
- Students can report to the main office where they can go outside for a mask break as necessary
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s building principal or COVID-19 Coordinator Gregg Barthelmas.
Dr. Ryan Sherman
Superintendent of Schools
Director of Pupil Personnel Services