Dear Schuylerville High School parents/guardians,
We are currently moving to the mid-year point of our 2020-2021 school year. We have all adjusted to new challenges throughout the first five months of the school year as we continue to put our students’ education at the forefront. Thank you for your continued support, feedback, and involvement through these times. Communication remains an important piece to ensure that our students are successful; please be sure to reach out to your student’s teachers and school counselor any time you have a concern or question. While we move forward with our hybrid alpha-rotation learning model, below are some reminders and a learning model commitment form to complete.
- Attendance: Students are expected to follow their normal daily schedule on remote learning days. Students must log into all of their classes remotely utilizing the Google Meet codes provided by their teachers. In the case of absences or appointments that can not be scheduled outside of the school day, please contact the attendance office at 518-695-3255 ext 2233. Adherence to Camera Expectations: students are still expected to be present for the class period, available when called upon, have their camera on during tests and quizzes and meet the individual expectations of their instructor.
- 10th Period Academic Support: This continues to be available to all students daily. Students can attend in-person or remotely.
- Scheduling: School counselors are starting the scheduling process for the 2021-2022 school year. If you have any questions, please contact your student’s school counselor. For additional information, please take a look at the January Student Services Newsletter.
- NYS Regents Exams: NYS is planning to administer all NYS Regents Exams in June for courses that culminate with a Regents Exam. We will be providing more information in the spring about how testing will be conducted in accordance with testing procedures outlined by NYS.
- Course Hyperdocs: Reminder that students have access to a document that their teachers create and update weekly with assignments, notes, resources, and upcoming dates of importance.
In preparation for the start of the third quarter, we are asking families to indicate the type of learning model they would like their student to continue with. In the link below you will have the option to select one of the following:
- Your student will attend remotely for the remainder of the school year.
- Your student will attend remotely until February 5.
- Your student will attend following the current hybrid, alpha-rotation model.
There is also a question seeking input if you would like your student to attend school in-person five days a week (if class sizes permit). We will evaluate this on an individual basis and continue to follow the reopening guidelines set forth by the New York State Education Department and our district’s reopening plan.
Please fill out the questionnaire: Learning Model Questionnaire
Principal James Ducharme