Dear Class of 2021 families,
We have received further information from the NYS Department of Health regarding guidelines for our upcoming graduation ceremony.
Updated guidance for large, public events that occur outside the scope of in-person academic instruction, scholastic, and extracurricular activities allows us to no longer require testing or vaccination proof for spectators. Schuylerville CSD will still be adhering to six feet social distancing in a pod format, limited to six reserved spectator seats per student.
The following details have already been communicated and have not changed; they are listed below as reminders:
- Campus will open at 5:30 p.m.
- Seniors should arrive by 6:00 p.m. and report immediately to their designated spot in the high school upon arrival
- Face coverings are required for students when in the high school. When participants and spectators are outside, masks are optional.
- Families will not be allowed into the high school to assemble to take pictures before or after the ceremony.
- Each student will receive six reserved seats in the pods on the field.
- Graduates must wear appropriate dress clothing and shoes. Remember that the clothing you wear underneath is visible. No shorts, sneakers, flip flops, jeans etc. If you are not properly dressed, you will not participate in our program, no exceptions.
- Students are not to decorate your cap or gown.
- Graduation will be live streamed to https://www.schuylervilleschools.org/2021-graduation/
- Graduation ceremony rain date: Saturday, June 26 at 9:00 a.m. (seniors should arrive by 8:15 a.m.)