- What do I do if my child(ren) show signs of illness? Please keep them home and contact your family physician.
- What is the best precaution for preventing the spread of the virus? Please exercise proper hand washing as well as good coughing and sneezing hygiene.
- What do I tell my child(ren) about the virus and how do I help them understand what is happening? Please remain calm and reassuring and give them age appropriate information. Try to limit over-exposure to the television news and social media. Additional information is available from the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) – click here.
- Can my student carry hand sanitizer with them throughout the school day? This is allowed. We ask that you instruct your child not to share their sanitizer and that hand washing is still the best defense against spreading germs.
- Where can I find additional information about the COVID-19 virus? The CDC has a list of frequently asked questions and recommended best practices for staying healthy posted at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
- Can teaching and learning continue virtually if students and staff need to work from home during an extended period of time? At this point, the district is exploring virtual learning options, including the use of Google Classroom. No final decisions have been made, as the virus is not present in our school district at this time. We will continue to work closely with local and state health agencies and rely on their expertise to make those determinations, if necessary.
For more information, consider consulting these additional resources:
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- COVID-19: What is Stigma and What Causes It?
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Frequently Asked Questions – Prevention
- Prevention, Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Families are also encouraged to follow the CDC’s information for travel, available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html.