Dear Schuylerville Families,
A reminder that the end of the third quarter is next week, Thursday, April 30. As we continue the remote learning period, all students should be diligently working with their teachers and completing their assigned work on a daily and weekly basis.
As detailed in an April 8 communication, below is the breakdown for how grading will be done:
- Grades K-5: Met vs. Not Yet Met vs. Unmet
- The student has demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the concept or skill being assessed. The student has met the learning goal/objective.
- Not Yet Met
- The student is working toward the demonstration of knowledge and understanding of a concept or skill being assessed. The student has not yet met the learning goal/objective.
- The student has not demonstrated the knowledge and understanding of a concept or skill being assessed. The learning goal/objective is unmet by the student.
- Grades 6-12:
- Blanks will be in the gradebooks for uncompleted work with the expectation the work will be completed. With the NYS Regents Exam credits waived, the only way students can receive course credit is by completing the assigned work at the local (school) level. It is our expectation that all work assigned to students will be completed. Students will receive an incomplete if they have outstanding assignments or if they are missing multiple assignments.
Thursday, April 30: Students receiving hard copy remote learning packets will have them delivered by the district’s Transportation Department.
Thursday, May 7: The next packet will be picked up at individual student homes. It will cover the three weeks of student work completed from April 10-May 1. Please have packets placed in a bag and labeled clearly with student name, grade, and classroom teacher (for K-5 students). Bags must be on mailboxes by 8:00 a.m.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation at home during the remote learning period. This is a true partnership between school and families; we appreciate everything that is being done to make this unexpected time as successful as possible.