Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What are the school hours?

9 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.

How can I reach my child’s teacher?

You can leave a message on the teacher’s voicemail by calling (518) 695-3255 ext. 1221 or 1224 and asking to be connected to the mailbox.

Can I speak with the principal or another building administrator?

Of course. Call (518) 695-3255, ext. 1221 or 1224. Keep in mind that our secretarial staff can answer many questions, too.

How do I register a student?

Click here to see basic registration information. You can also call the Main Office for details.

Who do I call if my child is going to be absent?

Call the Attendance Clerk at (518) 695-3255, ext. 1225.

How can I find out about standardized tests that my child takes?

A list of tests and their administration dates is available here. Information is also sent home with students prior to exam dates. Classroom teachers can provide details about individual class tests, midterms and finals.

What if I have concerns about my child’s academic performance?

Please call your child’s teacher or a building administrator.

What do I do if my child has to take medication during the day?

Medications (both over-the-counter and prescription) are dispensed by the school nurse and require a doctor’s note and written permission from a parent. All medications must be brought to school by an adult in the original containers. Call the Elementary School Health Office at (518) 695-3255, ext. 1229 for more information.

What should I do if I have a health concern about my child?

Please feel free to call the Health Office to discuss your concerns. The number is (518) 695-3255, ext. 1229.

How do I find out about school closings or delays?

Closings and delays are posted on the district homepage. E-mail and text alerts are also sent out via the SchoolMessenger mass communication system and push notifications are sent to those who have downloaded the district app. Local newspapers, as well as radio and television stations also have listings on their websites.

How can I find out about bus routes?

Call the district’s Transportation Department at (518) 695-3255, ext. 3260 for details about bus routes and bus stops. In order to help ensures the safety of your children, this information is not posted on the district website.

Can my child ride the bus to a different location than he/she normally does?

Children must ride the bus to which they were assigned. Parents are required to provide the transportation office and main office with a consistent schedule which may include an alternate bus for child care purposes only.  

Do you offer a childcare program?

Yes. The School’s Out Program offers care for children before and after school.  Registration for this program typically takes place in April for the following school year. Click here for information.

How do I get school records?

Call the Elementary School Main Office at (518) 695-3255, ext. 1224.

What types of activities do you offer for students?

Click here for a list of school clubs and organizations. Parents as Education Partners (PEP), our parent volunteer group, also hosts many activities throughout the school year. Check the Elementary School calendar for a listing of specific events.

Can I volunteer in the school?

Volunteers are welcome in the school however must be prearranged. Contact your child’s teacher to find out about specific volunteer opportunities. PEP is always appreciative of parents and community members who volunteer their time for school activities, as well.