Schuylerville CSD Reopening Plan
Click here for the Schuylerville CSD Reopening Plan
*The content of the district’s reopening plan will continually evolve and be updated, as the district adjusts to updates and guidance from the state.
As the district works to create proper health and safety re-entry plans that adhere to New York State guidelines for reopening schools, this page will host information and updates related to the process. Emails and text messages will still be used as the main forms of communication with district families, while this page will serve as a central host for all of the information.
New York State’s School Reopening Guidance
On July 13, Governor Cuomo announced schools can reopen if the region is in Phase 4 and if the region’s daily infection rate remains at or below five percent, using a seven-day average after August 1. Schools will close if the regional infection rate rises above nine percent, using a seven-day average.
Click here to read more about the guidance from the New York State Education Department.
Click here to read more about the guidance from the New York State Department of Health.
Schuylerville CSD News and Information
- July 2: Letter from the superintendent
- July 13: Parent survey and transition committee information
- July 20: Districtwide parent survey results
- July 21: Virtual community forum to be held August 4
- July 28: Opting out of district transportation for 2020-21 school year
- July 31: District releases details of its COVID-19 reopening plan
- Aug. 4: Virtual community information session recording
- Aug. 7: Schools authorized to reopen, district schedules virtual parent information nights