Dear Class of 2020 families,
We have been working for several weeks to configure a plan for the Class of 2020 graduation that allows families to be included in this special and momentous day in their child’s life, but also adheres to mass gathering and social distancing rules per NYS Governor Cuomo. We have decided to hold the Class of 2020 graduation in the Schuylerville Black Horse Stadium on Friday, June 26 at 9:00 a.m. The rain date will be Saturday, June 27 at 9:00 a.m. The event is still tentative and subject to change, based on where the region stands in regard to phased reopening and any mass gathering executive order from Governor Cuomo. We will continue to monitor this information and keep you updated. However, for planning purposes and after meeting with the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Department, the following rules for a modified, on-campus graduation will be put into place:
Class of 2020 Graduation: June 26 (rain date June 27)
- Campus opens at 8:30 a.m.
- No vehicles will be allowed to enter prior
- A limit of four graduation tickets will be provided to each Class of 2020 student
- Families will be seated on the turf field in pods
- Pods will be six feet apart
- A lottery will be drawn for pod seating assignments prior to the event
- Attendees cannot leave their pods during the duration of the event
- Students will be seated in the stadium bleachers
- Student seats will be assigned and spaced six feet apart
- Lingering before or after the graduation event is prohibited (including photo taking)
- Masks will be required for all students and attendees
- Families are encouraged to arrive in one vehicle with their graduate
Because we are limiting the number of people allowed on campus during graduation, the event will be live streamed. In addition, we will have a photographer positioned to take a photo of each student receiving his or her diploma. These photos will be given to families free of charge. Communications Director, Taryn Kane, will also be in attendance to take candid photos of the event. The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Department will be on campus to assist with any needs that may arise.
With the implementation of this plan and in an effort to limit the number of gatherings on campus, the May 29 senior recognition has been canceled. Information on a virtual senior awards night will be forthcoming.
As we’ve stated before, graduation has never left the forefront of our minds. It is as important to us as administrators as much as it is to students and families. We appreciate your continued patience and flexibility and will keep you updated in the next few weeks with further details.
Dr. Ryan Sherman
High School Principal