All schools in the WSWHE BOCES will be working in conjunction with local county providers and existing licensed daycare providers to find open placements for families of essential workers:
Per the NYS Education Department, essential workers may include:
- Essential health care workers may include licensed health professionals such as physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, LPNs and nurse assistants or laboratory personnel.
- Direct support professionals may include clinicians and support staff serving the behavioral health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and child welfare communities in residential and community- based care settings.
- First responders may include paramedics, emergency medical technicians, police officers, and firefighters, correctional officers or related support personnel necessary to execute these duties.
- Food manufacturing, production, distribution and supply including supermarket workers and food preparation.
- Transportation including commercial truck driver of necessary supplies and equipment, transit workers, air and rail and carriers of critical and essential materials.
- Construction and manufacturing including specialized equipment related to health or safety of the public.
- Nonprofit and social service agencies providing support to families and employees in related fields.
If you are one of the aforementioned and in need, please contact Schuylerville Business Manager Marian Chrisman via email at email@example.com for a list of people still accepting children or providing services. A secondary resource is the Southern Adirondack Child Care Network at 518-798-7972. Again, this is strictly for essential workers.