Saratoga County Public Health Services will be holding a COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Thursday, April 22, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 6012 County Farm Road in Ballston Spa. The Pfizer vaccine will be administered, which is currently authorized for use on individuals 16 years of age and older. Appointments are reserved for high school students who reside or attend school in Saratoga County.
To register for the clinic, click here.
A minor is defined as an individual under the age of 18. Minors need parental or guardian consent to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, except in the rare instance where the minor is part of a group to whom the law gives the right to consent to their own care (e.g., married minors, minors who are parents or pregnant, and minors in the military).
- In general, it is strongly encouraged that a parent or legal guardian accompany a minor age 16 or 17 to their appointment. Only one parent/guardian may enter the vaccination clinic at a time.
- If a minor is unaccompanied, a parent or guardian must be available by phone at the time of the minor’s vaccination to provide consent to the provider.
- Minors for whom a parent or guardian cannot be reached by phone will not be vaccinated, unless the minor can consent for themselves because they are married, a parent or pregnant, or in the military.
Parents who have questions about the vaccine are strongly encouraged to speak with their child’s healthcare provider in advance of the appointment.
- Students must have a scheduled appointment to receive a vaccine on April 22.
- Students must be 16 years old as of April 22, 2021.
- All students receiving vaccines will be required to stay for the required 15-minute post-vaccine observation period. Families should plan accordingly.