Dear Schuylerville Families,
NYS Governor Cuomo has extended ‘New York on Pause’ through May 15, which keeps schools and non-essential businesses closed through that date. Educational material, meals, and childcare for essential workers must still be provided every weekday through that date.
In an effort to prevent an interruption in academic instruction and to reduce the number of potential pick ups and deliveries, Schuylerville teachers will be preparing material for the weeks of May 4, May 11, May 18, May 25, and June 1. This also prepares us for another possible extension of ‘New York on Pause.’
- Kindergarten: Students will continue with hard copy remote learning packet instruction. Teachers will work with students on the instruction of new content/skills.
- Grades 1-5: Teachers will work with students on the instruction of new content/skills via packet and/or online instruction. Hard copy remote learning packets will be used to support learning, provide practice, and support students without WiFi. Teachers will meet students where they are as learners as well as support instruction based on each family’s WiFi and device needs.
- Grades 6-12: Teachers will provide learning material to students via online instruction.
- Thursday, April 30: Students receiving hard copy remote learning packets will have them delivered by the district’s Transportation Dept.
- Thursday, May 7: The next packet pick up at individual student homes. It will cover the three weeks of student work completed from April 10-May 1.
We realize families are doing their best to create an academic balance at home under these difficult circumstances. We thank you for your efforts on behalf of your children and will continue to keep you updated as we receive more information from the state.
Dr. Ryan Sherman