Dear Schuylerville Middle School families,
It is with great enthusiasm that I welcome you to the Schuylerville Middle School 2022-23 school year! While we hope that you are enjoying summer, we are also looking forward to the start of the school year. The entire staff has been busy preparing for students’ return and is excited to welcome a new year. The first day of classes for all students in grades 6-8 will be Thursday, Sept. 8, at 7:50 a.m. Sept. 8 will be an “A-day”.
Families will soon receive a mailing with students’ class schedules for the 2022-23 school year. Schedules can also be accessed electronically via the Student/Parent Portal as of Wednesday, July 20. The middle school follows an A/B day cycle. If you have any questions regarding your child’s schedule, please contact the student services center at 518-695-3255 ext. 2266. They will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.
Also enclosed with the mailing will be a series of forms designed to gather important information that will assist us in providing for the health and safety of your child during the 2022-23 school year. Please complete the forms and return them to the Main Office as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, August 19.
- Student Information Sheet: We are working on updating all of the contacts we have for students. Please review and update with any changes. If you do not have a home phone, please list a cell phone. Your additional contacts will only be contacted in the event that we can’t reach the first two contacts listed. The district will also use the Schuylerville School Messenger notification system during the school year for events and emergencies.
- Emergency Dismissal Location Form: On November 10, 2022 we will conduct our annual Emergency Early Release Drill. All students will be dismissed 15 minutes early. It is very important that we are able to send all students to a safe, pre-designated location in the event of an emergency. In the event of an emergency, we may not necessarily be able to communicate with all parents, so this needs to be a pre-designated location. For students in grades 6, 7 & 8, the emergency dismissal location is the student’s home, unless otherwise indicated by the parent/guardian. If you do not want your child brought home, please identify the supervised location we should bring the child to in the event of an emergency. Please include the name, address and telephone number of the designated adult who will receive your child. We understand the emergency dismissal location may not match the person designated as emergency contact on the Census Form. Please return these forms to the Middle School Main Office.
- The Health Information Form: It is important that we have updated health information for every child in the district. Please return this form to the Middle School Main Office.
Please note that we will be hosting the following open houses/orientations:
- Grade 6 Student & Parent Orientation/Open House: Tuesday, September 6 at 6:00 p.m.
- Grade 7 & 8 Parent Open House: Thursday, September 15 at 6:00 p.m.
I wish you a restful and relaxing conclusion to your summer break and I look forward to seeing you soon. If you have any questions, please contact the Middle School Main Office at 518-695-3255 ext. 2265. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Mary Kate Elsworth, Principal
Schuylerville Middle School