Dear Schuylerville Elementary families,
I hope you have enjoyed a safe, healthy, and fun summer! Below is information about the elementary school’s transition opportunities for parents/guardians and children prior to the first day of school, which will be Thursday, Sept. 8.
Kindergarten Orientation (Meet & Greet, Supply Drop Off, and Bus Ride)
Tuesday, September 6
- 12:50 p.m. All students and families meet their respective teacher on the front lawn.
- 1:00 p.m. Bus Ride (students only with staff member) Curtis, Nesbitt, Jennings, Long
- 1:00 p.m. Classroom Presentation (students and parents) Devine, Moran, Sorbero, Hagglove
- 1:30 p.m. Bus Ride (students only with staff member) Devine, Moran, Sorbero, Hagglove
- 1:30 p.m. Classroom Presentation (students and parents) Curtis, Nesbitt, Jennings, Long
New Student Orientation
Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2:00-2:30 p.m.
Students in grades 1-5 that are brand new to the district will be offered an orientation program that will include a tour of the elementary school. The program is intended for students only. Parents may wait for their child(ren) on the front lawn or in the elementary school lobby.
Grades 1-5 Supply Drop Off
Wednesday, Sept. 7
All students and parents/guardians have the opportunity to locate classrooms and drop off school supplies prior to the first day of school. Please note that this is a quick drop off, as teachers are working hard to prepare their rooms for the first day of school.
- 10:00-10:45 a.m. Grade 1 and Grade 2
- 11:00-11:45 a.m. Grade 3, Grade 4, and Grade 5
First Day of School
Thursday, September 8
Please be sure all dismissal paperwork is completed and returned as soon as possible. Paperwork can be dropped off, mailed, faxed, or emailed (email@example.com). The paperwork is critical for our planning purposes and the safety of your child(ren).
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
The health and safety of all students remains our number one priority each day. In an effort to support a safe and efficient arrival and dismissal process each day, we have outlined our procedures below. Please note: we are not allowing daily dismissal changes outside of emergency situations.
- Students enrolled in the School’s Out Program (before-school program) can be dropped off between 7:00-8:30 a.m. through the elementary school main entrance. Students must be signed in each morning.
- Students will be dismissed from the program at 8:50 a.m.
- Walkers should prepare to arrive at school between 8:50-9:00 a.m. each morning.
- Parent drop off is between 8:50-9:00 a.m. each morning.
- Parents are not to enter the busport section of the parking lot, but rather respect the traffic patterns stopping at the elementary school main entrance crosswalk to drop off your child(ren).
- Share a quick “kiss and go” to avoid holding up traffic.
- Students will safely cross the busport using the crosswalk
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building without a prearranged meeting
- Students arriving to school via bus transportation will exit their bus at 8:55 a.m. to enter the building.
- Students arriving as walkers, parent drop off, and bus transportation will enter the building using one of two doors:
- Students in grades K-2 will enter the building each morning through the elementary school main entrance.
- Students in grades 3-5 will enter the building each morning through the student services entrance.
- Walkers will be dismissed from classrooms at 3:00 p.m. Students will exit the building through the elementary school main entrance to their off campus location. Parents/guardians meeting their child must do so off campus to avoid unnecessary traffic on campus. Kindergarten students are not permitted to be dismissed as walkers for safety reasons.
- Pick up students will be dismissed to the elementary gym at 3:05 p.m. Pick up will take place from 3:05-3:20 p.m.
- Students with the last name A-K can be picked up through the student services doors.
- Students with the last name L-Z can be picked up through the gym doors located between the student services doors and middle school main entrance.
- Adults picking up a student must be approved on the pick up list, show photo identification, and sign their child(ren) out. We appreciate your patience and understanding with our safety protocols.
- Students riding bus transportation home will be dismissed as their bus arrives at the elementary school main entrance. This process will take place between 3:00-3:20 p.m.
- Students are permitted one alternate bus route for childcare purposes only.
- Students attending the School’s Out Program (after school program) will be dismissed to the elementary cafeteria at 3:15 p.m.
- Approved adults picking up a child from the School’s Out Program must show photo identification and sign the child(ren) out.
We look forward to a great year ahead! Please feel free to contact the elementary main office with any questions.
Mrs. Rose Beckett