Dear Elementary Parents/Guardians,
Schuylerville Elementary School will be hosting its 2021 parent-teacher conferences on Friday, Nov. 19 and Friday, Dec. 3. Students in grades K-5 will not have school on these two days.
Parent-teacher conference scheduling will be available online using our online scheduler, Canyon Creek beginning Monday, Oct. 25 through Friday, Nov. 5. When signing up for your child’s parent-teacher conferences, the assumption will be that the conference is in-person and being held in your child’s classroom. If you wish to participate in a virtual conference via Google Meet, please reach out to your child’s teacher to arrange this after scheduling the conference date/time via Canyon Creek.
Parents/guardians will have the opportunity to access available dates and times in order to schedule a convenient conference time. The conference times are available on a first-come, first-served basis. A confirmation email will be sent to you after you have successfully scheduled your conference.
- Beginning Monday, Oct. 25, visit the school’s homepage www.schuylervilleschools.org and select the ‘Elementary School’ link of the district home page. Under ‘Elementary School Links’ on the left side of the page in the blue box, click on ‘Parent-Teacher Conference Scheduler’.
- From the ‘Online Scheduler Home Page’ choose ‘Schuylerville Elementary School’ from the dropdown list and click ‘GO’.
- Enter the school password: horses
- Click on the ‘LOOK UP STUDENT ID’ button.
- Enter in your child’s first name, last name and birth date
- The two parent-teacher conference dates with times are listed. Check the box to allow you to see available times.
- If you have more than one child at the elementary school, you can see all schedules at one time by answering YES to the question ‘Do you want to schedule conferences for another student?’ If you only have one child at the elementary school, answer ‘NO’ to that question.
- Repeat the steps above for your other child(ren).
- Select the time(s) that work best for your schedule.
- Enter your email address (recommended) if you would like an email reminder sent to you (your email address will be kept private).
- Once you have finished, you can confirm your appointment details and print your conference schedule.
- Write down the Confirmation Number (you will need this number to cancel your appointment(s)).
- If your child works with special education teachers, speech, OT/PT, ENL, school counselor, and/or the school psychologist, they will sit in on your regularly scheduled conference. You do not need to schedule a separate conference with them. However, if you do wish to have a separate conference, please contact the main office at 518-695-3255, ext. 1224 and we will be happy to set that up for you.
Please feel free to contact Missy Germain with any questions or concerns at 518-695-3255, ext. 1224 or email email@example.com.
On Wednesday, Nov. 17, your child will bring home their school report card. Please take some time to review it and, if appropriate, spend some time talking to your child about it. Reviewing the report card and your child’s work is a great way to prepare for parent-teacher conferences.
To prepare for your conference, talk to your child and find out what they feel their academic strengths and weaknesses are. Then ask them to explain why they feel that way. Reassure your child that a weakness can become a strength with hard work and perseverance. We are all unique and therefore celebrating our strengths and appreciating our weaknesses is a great parent-child conversation. You can also ask your child if there is anything that he/she would like you to talk to his/her teacher about. You may also want to write down some notes about your child and have a list of questions about your child’s progress. Each family will be restricted to just the scheduled number of minutes to meet with their child’s teacher.
Thank you for your involvement in your child(ren)’s school program. We are looking forward to working with you and sharing your child(ren)’s progress in school!
Annual Emergency Release
A reminder that the district will hold its Annual Emergency Release Drill on Friday, Nov. 12. Students will dismiss for the day 15 minutes early. All students will be dismissed to the location listed on their emergency dismissal form (blue sheet) and we will not be allowing changes to emergency dismissal plans.
Digital Equity Survey
Lastly, the NYS Education Department is requiring all parents/guardians of a K-12 child to complete a Digital Equity Survey (a survey must be completed for each K-12 child in the family). Collecting accurate data regarding digital resource access for New York students will greatly help educators to better serve their students and families. This survey will also provide information on student access to devices and internet access in their places of residence. Click here to access the survey; it is due by Friday, Nov. 12. Your assistance in completing this on time is greatly appreciated.
Mrs. Rose Beckett/Mrs. Maddie Wright