Nearly a dozen Schuylerville Central School District buildings and grounds staff attended the 66th Annual Operations and Maintenance Conference at Maple Avenue Middle School in Saratoga on Tuesday, April 18.
The event featured keynote speaker Christina Coughlin, coordinator of educational management services for the New York State Educational Department. Coughlin spoke about the latest news coming out of the Department of Education and how it relates to facilities for the coming year and beyond.
This annual training is part of the district’s effort to keep its staff current on policies and techniques. The event included several workshops that Schuylerville staff attended, including:
- Hands Only CPR
- The ABCs of Fire Extinguishers
- Revolutionary New Micro-Layer Sports Floor Coating System
- Security Window Film for Safety, Security and Code Compliance
- Basic HVAC Equipment Preventative Maintenance Procedures
- Organic Sports Turf Care
- Securitech, Classroom Intruder Deadbolt Lock System
- Chemical Free Floor Finish Removal and New Robotic Floor Scrubbers